Friday, July 28, 2006

Listen Up You Primitive Screwheads! (a rant)

I thought that this was a pretty good post of Jeff's and it seems to me to be in theme with my posting of yesterday. This might be a topic that I'm going to be stuck on in my blogging for a bit.

If you haven't already, you really need to check out Jeff's blog. He's got the good stuff.

Listen Up You Primitive Screwheads! (a rant)
Then what on earth makes you think that roleplaying games will ever be as popular as they were in the 80's?!?

Let's get this out on the table: D&D was a fad in the mid-eighties. Nothing more, nothing less. Like any other fad a handful of social misfits continued to hold it near and dear to their hearts long after the rest of the world stopped caring. You and I are those rejects. And our beloved hobby will almost assuredly never reach the heights it did back in the day. Just get over it, please! Don't attempt to position RPGs in the mainstream. They were already there and the mainstream world moved on.