Friday, February 05, 2010

Jeff Grubb: 30 Secrets About TSR's Marvel Super-Heroes Game

It's really not a big secret that I love this game. It is my favorite game and system of all time. I even have the revised Basic boxed set not ten feet away from me as I make this blog post. I have even been actively involved in the retro clone of it (I would love to see Jeff Grubb take a swing at doing something with 4C). So, this is from Jeff's blog:

The recent post in Grognardia about the original Marvel Super Heroes game has garnered a lot of comments, most of them of the 'boy, we loved that game when we were kids' variety. In fact it has been picked up by the blog for the Stranger, one of Seattle's free weeklies. And its gotten me all nostalgic about the old days. So here are thirty things about the Marvel Super Heroes and its history.


Great stuff in here, by the way. My favorite quote:

27) Early on, we had a knack for publishing things that were immediately outdated in comic book continuity. We would publish a map of the Baxter Building and they would blow it up. We would do an Alpha Flight adventure and they would change the line-up dramatically. Peter David once suggested we do a New Universe adventure so they could wipe out the line (they did, eventually, without my help).